Levine Gifts Inc.
925 Kifer Road
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
When you place an order on our site, you will receive an automatic email confirmation with an order number from our web server. Please note this order number for any future questions about your order. You may also receive a 2nd email from us after we have reviewed your order, going over any questions we may have. If you do not receive either email confirmation, you may want to check with us to confirm that we have received your order.
There are no taxes on orders since we sell to resale customers only. New customers must fax a resale certificate to 408-773-9418 before we will ship your order.
OUR WEB SITE CALCULATES UPS SHIPPING COSTS IN REAL TIME IN THE 48 STATES AND CANADA BASED ON THE WEIGHT OF THE PRODUCTS ORDERED, THE NUMBER OF BOXES AND THE ZIP CODE OF THE SHIPPING LOCATION. IT ACTUALLY CONNECTS TO WWW.UPS.COM. ANY CHANGES TO ORDERS MADE AFTER PLACING THE ORDER WILL AFFECT SHIPPING COSTS. The UPS shipping calculator will not calculate shipping costs for orders over 150 lbs. Shipping costs will be added later for orders over 150 lbs.
UPS charges are based on the weight and volume of the shipment, not the order total. Some items like Hanging Burners are bulky and shipping costs can be over 30% of the cost of goods. Sale items also have artifically low prices and high shipping costs relative to value. Shipping costs go up about 5% per year while our company has actually been lowering our prices, so the cost of shipping relative to product cost has been rising.
WE UNDERSTAND THAT SHIPPING COSTS MAY BE VERY HIGH. EFFECTIVE 3/14/12 OUR WEB SITE NOW BUILDS IN A FREIGHT INCENTIVE TO UPS GROUND ORDERS IN THE US DEPENDING UPON THE SIZE OF THE ORDER. ORDERS OVER $200 RECEIVE A $6.00 FREIGHT DISCOUNT, ORDERS OVER $300 RECEIVE A $15.00 DISCOUNT AND ORDERS OVER $400 RECEIVE A $28.00 DISCOUNT. THIS IS ALREADY CALCULATED IN THE SHIPPING COST THAT THE WEB SITE SHOWS AND WILL NOT BE DEDUCTED LATER. WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU PAY.
We typically ship orders in 3 to 5 business days. In addition, UPS shipping takes up to 6 business days to the East Coast, less to locations closer to California. Business days are Monday through Friday. Weekends and holidays do not count. The UPS map showing shipping time from our location is shown above and on "estimated delivery date" pages clickable from in stock items. We do not recommend faster UPS shipping options, as they are very expensive. Even if you choose a faster shipping option, it still may take us up to 5 business days to ship. You are only paying for faster UPS services.
We ship to Canada using "UPS Standard to Canada" shipping. We ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and U.S. possessions using USPS. Our web site cannot calculate shipping costs by USPS Priority Mail. These costs will be added later. This service does not have tracking, but can take about 5 business days from the day we ship.
Orders paid by PayPal for shipments in the United States will be held for at least 3 business days and orders paid by PayPal for shipments to Canada will be held for at least 7 business days. We apologize for doing this, but we have had PayPal revserse some payments to us after we shipped orders because the customers' payments to PayPal bounced.
Forms of Payment
Terms are prepayment only for new customers. We accept Mastercard, VISA, American Express & Discover credit and debit cards. We also accept PayPal. Starting 3/12/09 we have integrated the PayPal payment center with our web site, which should make it easier and faster for our customers to pay by PayPal without having to wait for us to request payments via a PayPal invoice. This should also speed up the shipping of orders paid by PayPal.
Reorder customers already on Net 30 terms and in good credit standing may be extended Net 30 terms. Please choose "Net 30 Terms" from the credit card drop down list only if you already have Net 30 terms with our company. Please do not choose "Net 30 Terms" from the credit card drop down list if you do not already have Net 30 terms with our company.
Starting 6/2/09, when you pay by Mastercard, VISA, American Express or Discover, our web site will "authorize" but not charge your credit card or debit card, much like a hotel does when you check in. Your statement with your card company may show this charge as "pending" until we ship and charge the order, and they may withhold this sum from your available credit or cash balance. In most cases, we charge the card on the day that the order ships.
If you prefer to have your card charged manually offline, please choose "Use Credit Card on File" or "Customer Will Call With Credit Card". We typically charge about 1/2 the order a day or two before it ships, and the remainder on the day the order ships. The percentages and days may vary. You may see two charges on your card which add up to the total invoice amount.
Terms of Sale
All sales are final and we do not accept returns. Of course, we do stand behind our merchandise and will give credits or replacements for damages or defective merchandise. Any orders that are returned or delivery refused will be subject to shipping costs both ways plus a 25% restocking fee to be deducted from any merchandise credit.
Here are some examples of how to calculate the estimated date of delivery.
1. Customer 1 orders at 10am Pacific Time on Tuesday. Customer 1 is located in Colorado. It is the summer and we take 3 business days to ship this order. We ship on Friday. UPS takes three business days to deliver the order. The order is delivered the next Wednesday. The entire process is 6 business days or 8 days.
How to Estimate When You Will Receive Your Order
The map at the top of the page shows the UPS time in transit for ground shipments.
There are three factors that will generally determine when you will receive your shipment:
1. The actual day and time that you order and whether it is during business hours (Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm except holidays) or during non-business hours.
2. The number of business days we take to pack and ship your order. We generally estimate 3 to 5 business days, with 3 more likely during the lighter summer months and 5 typically during the busy holiday season.
3. The number of business days that UPS takes to deliver from our facility to your location. Please see the map above. The day of shipping does not count as a business day for the time in transit. Holidays and weekends do not count either.
2. Customer 2 orders on a Friday night at 11pm Pacific time. We do not actually receive this order until Monday after the weekend. Customer 2 is located in New York. It is the holiday season and we take 5 business days to ship this order, which is the next Monday. UPS takes five business days to deliver the order. The order is delivered the following Monday. The entire process is 10 business days or 17 days.
3. Customer 3 orders at 11am Pacific Time on Sunday. Customer 3 is located in Northern California. We do not actually receive this order until Monday after the weekend. It is the summer and we take 3 business days to ship this order. We ship on Thursday. UPS takes one business day to deliver the order. The order is delivered on Friday. The entire process is 4 business days or 5 days.